Everything Everywhere All At Once

 After watching the film “Everything Everywhere All At Once”  all I can say is, wow. Just kidding I can definitely say a lot more, but this movie was quite literally Everything, Everywhere, all at once. To begin with, this movie showed some absurdism within the family, the mom, Evelyn, felt kind of confused with what she was doing with her life, but also how often they changed from universe to universe, and Evelyns life was never in order, no matter what universe she was in. Because of how often the world kept changing things started to lose their meaning, and Evelyn started to do things that would be best for keeping all of her selves safe no matter how significant it was.

              While watching this movie, I never got bored. There was always something interesting going on or a huge plot twist that made me have to pause and think about what just happened. When I first started this film I thought It was going to be about a daughter and mother finding it difficult to get along, I would have never guessed the mom would turn out to be a pro fighter and have all these alternative universes. Overall, what I got from the film is that you can be whatever you want to be and still have an unfulfilled life. 




Comments

  1. Milo, I one hundred percent agree with your first reaction of this movie, "WOW". You mentioned that Evilyn was constantly confused within this movie which I believe to be totally intentional. I think that the creators were focused with ensuring a sort of confusion among the audience where we were always in the dark about what was actually significant in the movie. This confusion of significance adds to the whole point of absurdism as it is based around nothing having any real meaning. The pointless tasks that they were asked to do to jump universes also adds to that theme of absurdism as there was no rhyme or reason. This movie was filled with total chaos which almost made me feel pointless even paying attention because one chaotic moment just led to another. My brain was absolutely spinning! Succumbing to the chaos seemed to be the solution of the movie which I came to realize at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment